Several changes are expected to take place at Newcastle United over the next few weeks and in the summer, but Steve Bruce deserves to keep his job.
This week has been one to remember for the fans and everyone directly involved at Newcastle United. The club has been for sale since 2018 and multiple negotiations for a takeover have fallen through, but it looks like Mike Ashley has finally agreed to sell.
The crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers are simply awaiting for confirmation from the Premier League before they claim the keys to St. James’ Park. From what we know so far, Prince Salman will hold the majority share in the club (80%), while the remaining 20% will be split between Staveley and the Reuben brothers.
A lot of money is expected to be pumped into Newcastle United for the purpose of transforming the club from a mid-table side to a title contender in the near future. That being said, fans and betting agencies are trying to predict if the new owners will stick with Steve Bruce on the sideline or replace him with a notable manager.
From some of the polls I have come across on Twitter, one which is shown below, the majority fans want to see a new manager, preferably Rafa Benitez, take charge of the squad, which is also expected to be restructured and upgraded.
Despite what the majority of fans think, I am of the unpopular opinion that Bruce should keep his job at the club heading into next season. When you consider the fact that Newcastle United suffered a major injury crisis in the middle of the season, and that the club’s four strikers have only combined to score one goal, the fact that the Magpies are only five points shy of the top ten is commendable.
The club has been ultra-defensive for most of the season and they have suffered some heavy losses, but Bruce has done a solid job of ensuring his players bounce back with positive results the following weekend. Moreover, Newcastle United have shocked the league with their positive results against top teams like Tottenham, Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea.
More from Newcastle Toons
- AC Milan predicted lineup vs Newcastle United – UEFA Champion League 2023/24
- “What a player” Arsenal and Real Madrid stars hype up this Newcastle ace
- Newcastle United 1-0 Brentford: 3 Catalyst Players Who Were Key To The Result
- Newcastle United 1-0 Brentford: 3 things Eddie Howe learned from the match
- Newcastle player ratings vs Brentford: Harvey Barnes impresses
In the last few weeks before COVID-19 forced the Premier League to halt operations, Newcastle United began to break out of their shell and played impressive attacking football. With more quality in midfield and on the front line, Bruce can continue to play that way on a regular basis.
The club’s new owners have a specific objective in mind, which is to make Newcastle United a competitive side that aims to win titles and play in Europe. The idea of hiring a manager like Mauricio Pochettino or Massimiliano Allegri sounds appealing, but Bruce has not done anything that warrants being sacked.
In my opinion, Bruce deserves a chance to show what he can do with a team comprised of more talented players. I am also confident that Bruce will be successful next season regardless of how many new players the new owners decide to bring in.
All in all, that was my two cents on that subject. As I mentioned earlier, I know my opinion falls under the unpopular category, but I am interested to hear from some of you. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.