Newcastle United bounced back with a 2-0 victory away vs. Crystal Palace.
With some key players back in the lineup, Newcastle United were able to get back on track with a 2-0 victory at Crystal Palace. Callum Wilson provided the opening goal before Joelinton added the second minutes later.
Two Scores from the Strikers
With the match still scoreless late in the second half, Wilson and Joelinton were able to provide the needed scoring punch for the Magpies. The two players combined well in the buildup before Joelinton assisted on Wilson’s opener. Joelinton scored off of a deflection to seal the deal shortly after.
It was lovely to see Wilson, Jonjo Shelvey, and Matt Ritchie back from injury. Ritchie had some quality crosses, Shelvey did his usual business, and Wilson continues to prove that he’s the striker that Newcastle have been searching for.
- Still in the first half, Joelinton broke his personal record for most shots in an EPL match. He was active throughout the match, despite some poor moments. It was great to see him breakthrough late and be rewarded for his hard work.
- Jonjo is such a gamechanger for NUFC. He effortlessly sprays the ball around and also was dangerous on set pieces.
- Newcastle finished with more shots and shots on target than Palace today. They were also above their usual amount of possession.
- No Allan Saint-Maximin today, but the Magpies were able to overcome his absence. Miguel Almiron got back into the starting XI and didn’t have too much of an impact.
- The win, in the club’s 10th match of the season, sees Newcastle move up to 10th on the table entering the weekend.
Okay, What’s Next?
Another away Friday fixture is on the horizon for Newcastle United. Steve Bruce’s side will face Aston Villa at Villa Park on 12/4. Jack Grealish and Co. sit 7th on the table and take on West Ham on Monday.